TUTORIAL: C109 A Moment In Time “Heart of Gold” Single Page Layout- Lisa Marie WatlingAugust 2, 2018
TUTORIAL: C108 Pink Lemonade “Wild Thing” Single Page Layout- Carole WrightAugust 8, 2018
A Moment In Time C109
-Hot Air Balloon-
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps A Moment in Time paper range : C109 004, 007
- Flat back Pearl Accents
- Mulberry Paper Roses
- Tim Holtz Oxide Distress InkTattered Lace
- Pink and White Lace
- Fabric Covered Button
- Green Paper Leaves
- Clear glass candlestick holder
- Small box
- Cut (2)12×12 double sided design paper each of C109 004 and C109007into 6×6 squares.
- Using a bone folder fold each square in half.
- Create a template using scrap paper to use as a guide to trace balloon on to paper.
- Carefully cut out the 16 balloon shapes being aware of how the pattern of the paper is situated on each piece.
- For a shabby chic look distress the edges of each page and ink with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Tattered Rose.
- Ensure first panel is folded sharply with the open edge to the left..
- Carefully adhere the pieces being sure to alternate the design paper and keep the edges straight.
- Once all the pieces are glued you should have a thick stack of half balloon shaped paper.
- Gently pull the two outside pieces together and adhere it..
- Punch a small hole in the fullest part of each balloon.
- Gently pull the length of lace through all the holes. Allow enough lace between holes to create a small swag.
- Adhere button to top of balloon.
- Apply glue to bottom of a clear glass candle holder and centre to balloon on top.
- Allow ample time for this to dry.
- Use a small gift box as the basket of the balloon.
- Cover the outside of the box with flat back Pearl’s.
- Carefully glue the narrow end of the candlestick holder to the centre of the box.
- Use ribbon, roses, leaves and pearls to decorate the balloon.
- String a strand of Pearl’s from the balloon to each corner of the box to create the look of support cables.
All done! Thank you for stopping by.