TUTORIAL: C108 Pink Lemonade “Today Is Special” Card- Denise van DeventerJuly 4, 2018
TUTORIAL: C109 A Moment In Time “Happily Ever After” Card- Carole WrightJuly 13, 2018
C109 A MOMENT IN TIME COLLECTION
“Everyday is Beautiful” Double Page Layout
For this project you will need:
- FabScraps A moment in time Collection paper range C109: 001, 002, 006, 007 and 008
- FabScraps Stencil DS097
- FabScraps ST109 001 Stickers
- FabScraps Grey cardstock
- FabScraps Pearls and Bling MP2 001
- Prima Modelling Paste
- Nuvo Gilding Flakes (Sunkissed Copper)
- Ranger Embossing powder (Copper)
- Ranger Embossing Ink Pad and Pen
- Tsukineko “Black Pearl” All Purpose Ink
- Nuvo Crystal Cloud Circles/Confetti
- Gel medium
- Prima flowers
- Die-cuts – vintage clock, leaves
- Copper micro beads
- Chipboard leaves, title, lace, grey ribbon, flowers, buttons, metal embellishments, pearl pins, plastic domes
- Photo sizes: 1 x 13x18cm portrait; 1 x 10,15cm portrait (cut to fit circle)
- Secure the 001 and 002 pages together at the back.
- Cut two pieces from 006 (spotted side) to measure 12 x 16,5cm (for the left of the circle) and 7 x 16,5cm (for the right of the circle).
- Using a craft knife, cut around the circle and its flowers on the left and right side so that the spotted paper can fit underneath it.
- Using the stencil and modelling paste, stencil into the centre of the circle as well as across the top left of your layout.
- Allow to dry partially and then place the gilding flakes onto the modelling paste until it is COMPLETELY dry. Once dry, and using a fine brush, brush off the excess gilding flakes.
- Position and secure the spotted paper on either side of the circle on the right page of your layout.
- Matt your large photograph, first with the pink side of 008 and then with some grey cardstock.
- Secure your photograph onto your left page, adding lace beneath it.
- Add a piece of the floral strip from the back of 007 measuring 1,5x22cm.
- To the right of that strip, add a piece of the spotted paper from 006 measuring 1,5×30,5cm.
- Add a piece of 007 measuring 8,5 x 28cm, which has a piece of the hexagon on it, to the right of the spotted paper.
- Add a piece of grey ribbon to the right of this paper, knotted at both ends.
- Add the damask pink strip from the back of 007 to the right of the ribbon, overlapping it slightly.
- Secure your large photograph to your page, overlapping the pink strip slightly.
- Add another piece of the leftover floral strip from the back of 007 to the right of your photograph.
- Cut a circle out of the grey cardstock which will fit inside the inner circle of your stencil on the right page.
- Cut another smaller circle from 008 which will be your photo matt.
- Cut your photograph to fit inside this circle and secure to your page, raising it to give dimension.
- Tie a double bow out of the grey ribbon and secure beneath the round photograph.
- Cut out the clock (from grey cardstock) and leaves (from 006) die-cuts.
- Using an embossing ink pen, place the ink onto the numbers of the clock, cover the numbers only with Copper Embossing Powder and heat until the powder has melted.
- Secure the clock to your left page.
- Press any metal embellishments as well as your chipboard title into the Embossing Ink Pad, cover with Copper Embossing Powder and heat until the powder has melted.
- Add all flowers, leaves, buttons and other embellishments to your layout as desired.
- Add plastic domes onto some stickers, cutting around the dome before placing onto your layout.
- Add some of the Nuvo confetti circles to some gel medium and add these onto your layout as desired, adding some into the centre of large flowers if so desired.
- Place a bit of the Black Pearl All Purpose Ink onto a craft sheet, spritz with water and then, using a small paintbrush, lightly splash some of the ink onto your layout as desired.
- Your layout is now complete!