TUTORIAL- C105 MEMORY LANE COLLECTION- “HAPPY LIFE LAYOUT”- Done by: Denise Van DeventerApril 17, 2018
FABSCRAPS THROWBACK THURSDAY WITH OUR QUEEN- LEA- ANNE ALEXANDERApril 19, 2018
For this project you will need:
- – Fabscraps Memory Lane paper range: 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008
- – Fabscraps Stencil: DS089
- – Fabscraps Beer Board Die Cuts: DC105 002, DC105 002
- – Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Foam Squares
- – Beacon Adhesive Zip Dry Adhesive
- – Prima Marketing, Inc. Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint: Crocus Fields, Romance Pink, Magic Green; Gel Medium
- – Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo
- – Sharpie Pen
- Use a full 12” x 12” Memory Lane Paper C105 004 for the background.
- Cut out two 4.5” x 6.5” pieces from Memory lane paper C105 008 to create the backgrounds for the two photos. Ink the edges, then adhere your two photographs. Place both paper backed photos on the page.
- Cut out flowers from each paper in the range. Distress and ink all edges.
- Cut 1.5, 2 and 2.5-inch strips of paper from random papers in the range. Cut them in 3-inch widths and roll them into small tubes. Adhere with Zip Dry. Hold until adhesive is dry.
- Place the rolls side by side randomly on the lower left portion of the page as shown. Adhere them side by side with Zip Dry. Be sure that the ends are face down. Cut a small strip of paper that is 6” x •••” ink the edges and place over the row of rolls to make it look like its being contained.
- Using the stencil, you will place it on any paper in the range that you choose, the bird is painted with Prima acrylic paint using all three colors. Lift the stencil and let dry. Do the same with several feathers. To get a distinctive look, using gel medium with the feather stencil and allow to dry as well. Then cover with the same paint. Cut out all the elements when they are finished and are thoroughly dry.
- Cut out 3-inch strips of paper, cut a “v” into one end to create a flag. Fold over opposite end and hold. Then staple them on the edges. Add a button.
- Paint the two die cuts, I cut out the letters on one and turned it the other way. Add paper to the back of one and not the other.
- Start placing all your elements on the page, adding foam squares and MORE foam squares to get the dimension.
- To complete the look, add some pen work around the edge of the background paper and on the bird.
- All Done.