TUTORIAL- C105 MEMORY LANE COLLECTION- “MOMENTS IN TIME LAYOUT”- Done by: Candy RosenbergApril 19, 2018
TUTORIAL- C105 MEMORY LANE COLLECTION- “DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY CARD”- Done by: Vanessa BesterApril 19, 2018
Today we are sharing a lovely tutorial done by one of our lovely Fabscraps Throwback Thursday Queens– Lea- Anne Alexander!
Lea- Anne has made a Gorgeous Card using our older C75- Tranquility Collection!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Folded 15.5cmx10.5cm white card
- 1 x 15cmx10cm Black card backing
- 1 x 14.5cmx9.5cm C75 005 French Rulers (use black pattern side)
- 1 x 14cmx9cm C75 004 French Stripe (use blue pattern side)
- 1 x 14.5cmx9.5cm C75 003 Gentle leaves (use blue side)
- 1 x 15cmx10cm white card
- Handmade flowers (Little birdie, Couture Creations, Kaisercraft)
- Flower stamens (+/- 5 blue, grey, white)
- Lace flower
- ½ crochet mini dolly
- 60cm blue ribbon
- Sentiment stamp
- FabScraps Tranquil Circular Words sentiment
- Memory Box Olive Leaf Die
- Penelope Dee background texture stamp
- Diamante (3)
- Mini pearls (9)
- Tim Holtz Tumbled glass distress ink
- Usual craft kit, double sided tape, ruler, blending tool, glue gun
- Wooden skewer
- Stick the black card into your card front.
- Using C75 005 with the black pattern facing you, chalk the edges and stick down onto the black card.
- Using C75 004 facing you portrait, gently fold the card in ½ (but don’t crease) and at this ½ way point on the right hand side, tear the card to the middle of the paper. Use your wooden skewer roll these torn edges at a 45-degree angle away from each other, chalk the edges and stick down on the black pattern paper.
- Using C75 003 facing you portrait, as above, lightly ink up the Penelope Dee crackle background texture stamp with the Tumbled Glass distress ink and randomly press the stamp onto the paper with your fingers, gently fold the card in ½ (but don’t crease) at this ½ way point on the right hand side, tear the card to the middle of the paper. Use your wooden skewer to roll these torn edges at a 45-degree angle away from each other, chalk the edges and stick down on the words pattern paper.
- Using the Memory Box Olive Leaf Die and white card, cut the olive leaf.
- Using handmade flowers and your glue gun stick down the main flower in-between where the two rolled back pieces meet, cut the blue paper flower in half and stick on each side of the outer rolled back edges. Snip pieces off from the olive lead die cut and slip in-between the flowers, add the additional little flowers, snip the stamens in half and slip in-between the flowers.
- Slip the ½ dolly in the middle under the outside bottom fold and the black and white flower in the middle under the middle fold, add a snipped off piece of olive leaf and ½ blue stamen.
- Add the sentiment and the FabScraps circular words sentiment, stick down the blue ribbon where the folded back areas meet, stick the lace flower on top to cover the crease marks.
- Finish off with diamante and randomly scattering the mini pearls around the card.
- Cut the leftover pieces cut down to 15cmx15cm, 10cmx15cm, 10cmx10cm and 5cmx5cm pieces and place into your scrap paper storage box for later use to make greeting cards or using on your layouts. Throw away the remaining small bits and pieces.