FABSCRAPS THROWBACK THURSDAY WITH OUR QUEEN- KATE DACHOVSKA.April 12, 2018
TUTORIAL- C105 MEMORY LANE COLLECTION- “HAPPY LIFE LAYOUT”- Done by: Denise Van DeventerApril 17, 2018
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Memory Lane paper range C105 002 x 1 sheet
- FabScraps Memory Lane paper range C105 004 x 1 sheet
- FabScraps Memory Lane paper range C105 008 x 1 sheet
- Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold
- Versamagic Jumbo Java
- Tsukineko Gold All Purpose Ink
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Broken China,
- Stiffened Gauze Ribbon
- Old Gold Glitter
- Additional Chipboard cut out – Congrats/Get Well Soon/Happy Birthday
- Using the Memory Lane paper range C105 002, 004 and 008 cut three strips 10cm wide x 25cm long with the stipes running vertically, trim the bottom edge into a point
- Spray each piece with Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray randomly and allow to dry, using a finger dabber ink the entire tag with Brilliance Galaxy Gold, wipe off excess ink on Distress Spray areas, apply another layer of Distress Resist Spray and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Using a finger dabber ink the entire tag with Versamagic Jumbo Java, the areas not covered with Distress Resist Spray come through darker and the areas covered with Distress Resist Spray can be wiped away leaving the base colours coming through. Ink the edges of the tags with Versamagic Jumbo Java around the edges.
- Repeat on all three tags.
- Mix a small amount of Tsukineko Gold All Purpose Ink with a tip of a teaspoon of Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold in a spray bottle with water and mist lightly over all three tags.
- Using the stiffened Gauze Ribbon loop to make a 5 petal rosette and colour with Tsukineko Gold All Purpose Ink leaving some areas white and others darker gold
- Using the additional Chipboard cut outs, drag the words through a single oxide colour each. Dab the oxide inks on a craft mat, spray with small amount of water and colour the items in intense colour. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Using the balance of paper from Memory Lane paper range C105 002, 004 and 008, fussy cut flowers, birds and leaves. Ink the edges with Versamagic Jumbo Java and curl the edges of some of the flowers
- Glue each tag by first using glue dots to keep the gauze rosettes to the backing tag, glue some of the fussy cut flowers, birds or leaves below the gauze rosette and some onto the centre of the rosette. Glue old gold glitter into the centre of the flowers.
- Glue the additional cut Chipboard to the upper part of the tag and add an additional fussy cut item to the top area.
- When everything is stuck down the tag is ready to apply to a large boxed gift with double sided tape.
- All Done!