TUTORIAL- C103 COFFEE CONFESSIONS COLLECTION- “YOU ARE THE CREAM IN MY COFFEE- DOUBLE PAGE LAYOUT”- Done by: Moira GiloweyApril 4, 2018
TUTORIAL- C103 COFFEE CONFESSIONS COLLECTION- “CARD”- Done by: Carole WrightApril 10, 2018
For this project you will need:
- Fabscraps Memory Lane: C105 005
- Fabscraps Memory Lane: C105 008
- Fabscraps Memory Lane: MC105 001A
- Fabscraps Memory Lane: DC105 005 Beer Board Die Cut
From my Stash:
- 1 X 6” Square Blank White Card
- Cuttlebug or Similar machine
- 1 “ Heart Punch or Die
- Mini Heart Punch
- 1 ½” Scalloped Punch
- 1” Scalloped Punch
- No: 9 Round Paintbrush
- Leaf Flourish Die
- Colorbox Creamy Brown Chalk
- Nuvo Glitter Marker – Burnt Orange
- KO Peach Cardstock
- 1 mini gold brad
- Punch a heart from the KO Peach Cardstock and one of the Peach Floral Pages in your Carders Pack. Try to include the dots in your patterned heart. See Pic
- Using a leafy die, cut a 2 ½” Leafy Flourish from the KO Peach Cardstock
- Cut out and colour the Chipboard greeting with a Nuvo Glitter Marker
- Use the back of a sheet of Peach Floral from the Carders pack and cut out and adhere behind 2 of the yellow/cream window die cuts also from the carders pack.
- Use C105 005 to adhere behind the 3rd yellow/cream window die cut ensuring that the bird is peeping out of the top LHS window opening. See pic.
- Cut a piece of KO Peach Cardstock 6” X 1 ½” and horizontally adhere flush up against the top of the card. NB For square cards always have the fold of the card on the LH side, not at the top. This gives the card support and prevents it from falling flat when displayed.
- Cut a piece of the back of one of the peach floral sheets from your carders pack 6” X 2” and horizontally adhere flush up against the bottom of the card.
- Cut a piece of C105 008 6” X 2 ¼”(see pic for direction of stripe) and (using a No: 9 round paintbrush dipped into water) wet along the top of one of the long sides of the cut piece. Wet the paper on the front and underneath side and then use a tear ruler and tear and distress. Adhere to card approx. 3/8’ from the top of the card. See Pic
- Punch a 1 ½’ and a 1” scalloped circle from the peach floral sheet in your carders pack and a 1” scalloped circle from the KO Peach Cardstock. Using the water paintbrush, wet both sides of the scalloped circles, crush in the palm of your hand and then carefully open and mould to a distressed flower shape. Layer the 3 inside each other and leave to dry in the moulded flower shape. Depending on how much water you applied, it might take overnight to dry. Once dry, adhere layers and secure with a mini gold brad in the centre.
- Using one of the Peach Floral Sheets from the carders pack, cut 6” wide X 4.5” high. Using the water technique as described above. Wet, tear and distress both long sides of the paper ensuring that the top tear is slanted down to the RHS so that more stripe is visible at a slant. See pic. Do not adhere yet.
- Cut a piece of C105 008 (noting stripe direction) and KO Peach Cardstock 6” X 1.5” and use the water, tear and distress technique on one of the long sides of each piece.
- Using the leaf die cuts from the carders pack and other embellishments, assemble the card as per pic. Note floral heart is 3D.