TUTORIAL- C102 WILL TRAVEL FOR FOOD COLLECTION- “TIME FOR TRAVEL TAG”- By Nancy NickelJanuary 15, 2018
NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY 2018- WHAT THE FABULICIOUS DESIGN TEAM HAS TO SAY.January 27, 2018
For This Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Will Travel for Food Collection paper range C102 005 x 2 sheets
- FabScraps Die Cut Word DC102 003
- FabScraps Carder’s Pack MC102 001A
- FabScraps Stencil DS 083
- FabScraps Stickers ST101 001 and 002
- VesaMagic Jumbo Java
- VesaMagic Midnight Black
- Variety of beads, sequins
- Co-ordinate Lace piece
- Small Doily’s
- Silver Lurex Ribbon
- Metal Embellishment
- Silver Sewing thread
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks Oxide Broken China and Peeled Paint
- Embossing Paste
- Dimensional Glaze
- Thin black fine liner for line detail
- Self-Adhesive Diamante
- Using Will Travel for Food Collection paper range C101 005 Cityscapes side, emboss the stars randomly across the top section using Stencil DS 083 using white embossing paste, allow to dry.
- Enlarge on a photo copier the small dress design on the bottom of the page to measure +- 20cm high and cut out the dress shape as a template. Cut this shape allowing for folds and curves from Will Travel for Food Collection paper range C101 005 reverse side with small dots on it. Cut the bodice separate from the skirt. Make fold lines for the skirt before colouring
- Ink the edges of all pieces with Versamagic Jumbo Java
- Using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Broken China and Peeled Paint. Dab large areas onto your craft mat and spray with water till large puddles of colour are seen.
- Over the main body of the background page (over the embossed stars) allow the paper to pick up the oxide ink in random areas.
- Run the 2 Doily’s through the oxide inks as well as the Die Cut Word DC102 003, before the Die Cut Word dries, apply Dimensional Glaze to the Die Cut and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Using the balance of Wet Oxide ink, dip the parts of the cut out dress shapes in the ink and dry, repeat over each dry layer until darker shades of the Oxide Inks show up on the garments pieces. When dry completely use the VesaMagic Midnight Black ink in the valley folds of the skirt. Cover the entire garment in clear stickles and shape the garment before it dries for the last time before application.
- Using the tag from the Carder’s Pack MC102 001A use beads and self-adhesive bling to decorate the bottom edge of the tag. Glue the wording to the tag at an angle.
- Glue the doily’s, tag, single mounted photograph and garment to the background page using double sided tape and 3D tape as desired
- Use the fine liner to hand draw in details on the dress and any other places on the page you feel needs accenting.
- Using the Lurex Ribbon and Metal embellishment finish off the tag by attaching to top edge of tag
- Using relevant from ST101 001 and 002
- Dimensional Glaze the darker buildings in the cityscapes on the background page to add shine and depth to the city
- Lastly using clear glue or Dimension Glaze, position lace, beading, sequins, self-adhesive bling and other embellishments to complete the page.
- All Done!