For this project you will need:
Fabscraps Wild Beauty Carders Pack: MC101 001A
Fabscraps Wild Beauty Birds of a Feather DSD Paper: C101 002
Fabscraps Chipboard Title: DC101 004
Fabscraps Silver Metallic Alcohol Based Ink Marker
Lavender Craft Paint
Colorbox Creamy Brown Chalk
9mm Round Paintbrush
5mm peach pearls and silver sequins
Assortment of Border Punches
1” and 1.5” scalloped circle punch
- Carefully cut the chipboard greeting out from the frame as you need to use the frame for card no: 2 and the greeting for card no: 1.
- Paint the chipboard frame When dry, finish with Dimensional Glaze.
- Colour the greeting with the silver metallic marker.
. Card no: 1 – Make your Dreams happen – Portrait
- Punch a border strip from the back of one of the 6” sheets from the carders pack and vertically adhere 1mm away from LHS of the card with the punched edge facing the fold of the card.
- Adhere the 6” purple peacock paper as per pic. Cut away excess.
- Cut a 5/8” X 1.5” flag from pink dotted paper and a ¾” X 2” flag from purple script and adhere as per pic. Note purple flag is about 3/4cm away from bottom of card and 1cm from LHS of the purple peacock paper edge.
- Adhere the greeting 2cm away from the top of the card and horizontally centred on the entire card.
- Cut 1’ scalloped circles from the flowers printe on the 6’ flamingo paper and 3D on the edge of the card as per pic.
- Add sequins and pearl.
- To make the flower at the top of the flag, punch an assortment of 5 X 1.5” scalloped circles and 1 X 1” circle from a selection of papers from the carders pack.
- Wet your paintbrush with water and paint the water on both sides of each scallop. Squash the wet scallop circle tightly in your hands (don’t be afraid) and then carefully open up each scallop. Layer them inside each other, shape by using your fingers to squash together and then open. Use the back of a pencil to push down firmly in the centre so that the flower shape appears. Set aside to dry. Once dry, adhere pearl in centre and adhere flower to card.
Card no: 2 – Dance in the Rain – Square
- Punch a 2” pink dotted scalloped circle and set aside.
- Punch four 1.5” scalloped circles to make the flower for the card using the technique described in Card No: 1.
- Once the flower is dry, adhere pearl to centre and adhere flower to large pink dotted scalloped circle. 3D and set aside.
- Adhere a 1.5” high piece of C101 002 horizontally across the bottom of the card leaving a thin white border at the bottom.
- Punch two different decorative border punches from the purple paper and layer on top so that the bottom border is ¼” away from the bottom of the stripy paper.
- Dip paint brush into water and wet approx. 1/2cm across the bottom of a sheet of 6” blue birds paper.. This makes it easy to tear and shape the paper into a curvy distressed look.
- Once this is done and dry, adhere overlapping the punched border and cut off excess at the top.
- Cut a 5/8” X 4 2/8” piece of C101 002 and flag on both sides.
- Cut a 2/8” X 4” piece of purple paper and flag on both sides.
- Fussy cut and 3D the parrot and adhere to Greeting Tag as per pic. Adhere the purple tag under Greeting tag and then 3D the Greeting Tag/Purple Tag Combo.
- Cut a small flag to peep out from the top of the flower and adhere as per pic.
- Now assemble your card with frame as per pic.