TUTORIAL- C99 JOY TO THE WORLD COLLECTION- “CARD CADDY GIFT SET”- Nancy NickelNovember 8, 2017
Warning: If It Doesn’t State Acid & Lignin Free… It Probably Isn’t!!November 9, 2017
For this Project You Will Need:
- FabScraps Wild Beauty Paper: C101 001, 005, 006 and 007
- FabScraps Carder’s Pack:MC101 001A Paper and Tags
- FabScrap Sticker Sheet: ST101 002
- FabScrap Die-Cuts: DC101 004 and DC101 007
- Steel Cutting Dies: Butterfly, Doily, Flowers and leaves
- Stretch Canvas 45×35 Primed for Oil & Acrylic
- Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints: Metallique Light Patina and Vintage Rose
- Embellishments: Prima Shabby Chic Corners and Frame; Resin Feathers, Fountains and Frames; half bed Pearls, Ephemera and Self-Adhesive Pearls, Filigree die cuts, Silver Mesh Pieces, Glass Embellishments and small piece of lace
- Heritage Gesso Paste, Foam Board, Walnut Stain and Broken China and Copper, Art Basic Clear Mod Podge, Script Stamp, Vintage Photo Ink, a few strips Drywall Tape, German Silver Gilders Paste
- Photo 12.5×15.5cm Photo
- Apply Mod Podge to the front, backside and all four sides of your Canvas
- Distress all the paper edges, chipboard pieces and embellishments and apply Gesso to the edges before adhering them to the canvas
- Randomly tear sheet 001 and 7 to create the background with C101 007 Flamingo Images clearly visible at left corner.
- Seal with another layer Mod Podge and let it dry thoroughly.
- Glue 7 of the tag die-cuts from the MC101 001A Carder’s Pack onto the chipboard tags, stamp and decorate them with the Wall tape
- Place them on top and right hand corner as per picture and add the ST101 002 Sticker to the tag on left side.
- Start layering your photo by adhering it onto paper pieces 006; 001, 005
- Tuck one of the Chipboard tags directly beneath the photo on left hand corner and one at the bottom of the right hand corner
- Use the Foam Board to create spaces for all the embellishments
- Adhere pieces mesh at the back of every Resin Frame and tuck them together with all the filigree die-cuts, flowers, Resin Feathers, leaves and lace piece between all the layers as illustrate on my picture. Place the glass embellishments randomly between all the Embellishments and apply a thin layer of German Gilders Paste to give them a shimmery look.
- Adhere the Title onto a Die-Cut Doily, color both the Doily and Title Chipboard Piece randomly with the Metallique Light Patina and Vintage Rose Paints.
- Cut three flowers from paper C101 005, adhere the two Fountain Resin Embellishments with two Chipboard Tags between them and decorate with these two Flowers and leaves.
- Add another flower to the doily die-cut on one of the chipboard Tags on top and stick the DC101 007 Flower Chipboard piece to the right hand of Canvas and decorate it with flowers.
- Add pieces Wall Tape above the Doily and complete your canvas with little strips Ephemera
- Apply a thin layer of Gesso to all Resin Pieces and sides of the Canvas and let it dry.
- Outline the frame of the Canvas with the Metallique Light Patina Color Acrylic Paint and apply it also to the Resin Embellishments to match the C101 001 paper