TUTORIAL- C99 JOY TO THE WORLD COLLECTION- “SILENT NIGHT LAYOUT”- By Lisa Marie WatlingNovember 8, 2017
TUTORIAL- C99 JOY TO THE WORLD COLLECTION- “CARD CADDY GIFT SET”- Nancy NickelNovember 8, 2017
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps DC99 002 – bell album
- FabScraps ST99 002 Happy Holidays stickers
- FabScraps C99 Joy to the World cardmakers collection
- Cutting machine
- Foliage metal dies
- Blooms – foamiran
- Hole punch
- Distress paint – aged mahogany
- Emboss It Dabber – clear
- Shabby white embossing enamel
- Fake snow
- Red Christmas baubles
- Heat gun
Instructions for your card
- Take the front cover of the album and an inner piece of the album. This will form the base of your card – who says that you have to use cardstock as the base of your card?
- Cover/adhere the inside page of the album with the dotted paper and let dry – tip – trace around the bell itself, adhere and when completely dry use a piece of sandpaper and sand around the edge to give it a clean look.
- Paint the reverse sides of the album and around the edges with distress paint and let dry.
- The cover is gorgeous – paint with the mahogany paint and let dry.
- Using a paintbrush apply the clear emboss it over the top and then sprinkle with shabby white embossing enamel.
- Dry with your heat gun – note, this gets really hot as it is drying – do not dab your fingers on the top to see if it is dry – you have been warned. Allow time to cool down.
- Don’t panic if the whole front of the bell isn’t covered with the embossing enamel – it allows for a little of the mahogany paint to come through.
- Punch a hole in the top and thread through tulle and bells – after all, it is a bell shaped album.
- On the bottom right hand side of the front adhere a piece of corrugated packaging for height.
- Adhere a little muslin – pull apart gently with your fingers.
- Adhere a few Christmas baubles and top with a poinsettia.
- I have handmade my poinsettia using foamiran and then randomly applied glitter snow o my bloom.
- Use a sentiment from the Happy Holidays sticker pack – I have adhered to some patterned paper from the cardmakers collection and cut around the edge, snipped and adhered a portion of the sentiment to each side of my bloom.