TUTORIAL- C100 DREAM STEAM COLLECTION- “DREAM LAYOUT”- By Trudi HarrisonAugust 3, 2017
TUTORIAL- C86 MOTHER EARTH COLLECTION- BY CONNIE NICHOL FROM CREATIVE SCRAPBOOKER MAGAZINE.August 17, 2017
FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL NEED:
- STEAM QUEEN C100 001 FANTASY C100 003
- DC100 008 – used the cogs DS 080- stencil
- DC100 001 – front cover used and one circle cut out and the butterfly
- MC100 001A – used one piece to print my lettering onto it.
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- Canvas board (30 x 30cm) Spray Mists – I used lindys and Prima (Colours of your choice)
- White Gesso Different coloured paints
- Mini Beads (green and lilac and purple) Homemade Rust Paste
- Distress inks Silhouette Cameo – Cut out Cogs,hot air balloon
- Heat gun/tool Assorted metal mixed media items
- Printed lettering Coloured blings, different shapes and sizes
- Wooden Frame
- Prepare your canvas board with white gesso, I painted the whole board (this just allows your inks/mists to stick to it better).
- Once dry spray different colour mists into your surface of your canvas. Once that is dry take your stencil (DS080) and a wet wipe and place your stencil onto your canvas and wipe parts of the coloured background away leaving the stencil pattern behind. See image 1
- Using the background paper C100 001 cover you chipboard circle with the paper and cut out shape. Distress the edges of circle with paint or inks.
- Take your cog shaped chipboard (DC100 001) and cover with rust paste, add some blue and pink paint where possible. (I made a homemade rust paint, available online from Graphics Fairy – Heather Tracy).
- Fussy cut your steam punk lady from paper (C100 003), I added dimensional glaze here and there onto the cut out image, just to give some dimension.
- The bigger cog from the die cut chippes (DC100 008) I painted with a purple background then added dimensional glaze to it and sprinkled with micro beads (purple).
- The smaller die cut chippie (DC100 008), I just painted with pink paint.
- The butterfly from the Chipboard mini booklet, I added dimensional glaze added micro beads and normal seed beads to the outer.
- Die cut different cogs from your silhouette (I cut white ones and distressed them with the colours of my canvas). I also die cut a cog background from my silhouette and coloured it and used the one section for behind my design.
- Die cut a hot air balloon from your silhouette cameo and piece together, I used light pink as the background and used the left over pieces of paper already cut as the abstract colour.
- Print a verse onto the back of one of the carders kits papers. Cut out and draw a border with a black fine liner pen.
- Layering your board, die cut circle and large cogs make your background. Cluster your steam punk lady and cogs to the left of your circle. Your hot air balloon is placed at the bottom right under neat the big cog. Play with your own style of where you want your items place and have fun….